Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Wow......I've Really Been Slacking.....

Where have I been?? What have I been doing?? Well, nothing and everything, I suppose. I've been feeling very uninspired to post, and I've been busy with my wedding and our day to day lives.

We jumped on a plane and got married in the mediocre (more on this later) city of Las Vegas!
I did make my wedding dress, and plan to do a separate post about it.
Yes, we got married by the King!




We accomplished what we set out to do: Get married. However, we overstayed our welcome-or perhaps Vegas overstayed its welcome with us. We were there for 8 day-far too long for people who don't really gamble. It was a far more expensive trip than we had previously thought it was going to be, and there were bumps along the way that didn't help our financial situation. BUT! the weather was perfect, and the days that we did find ourselves beside the pool were the best.

AND THEN WE GOT SICK! now we don't know if it was food poisoning or a stomach bug, but 10 or so of the people who came out with us also got sick. Nothing like spending the first days as a married couple miserable in your hotel bed taking turns for the bathroom. :/ We laugh about it, because honestly, that's our luck. In sickness and in health, right?! and isn't the point of a good vacation yearning for home by the end nears? I was seriously happy to be home with my husband and our kitties, it was a wonderful feeling of family and togetherness that started off our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment