Sunday, August 18, 2013

I found my way back....

Whoops! I didn't intend to have such a pause.... We just got back from a rather busy (for us) weekend. We attended my friends' wedding reception, and decided to take the entire weekend off to enjoy and relax.

Thursday was our 1 year anniversary of when we started "officially" dating, and I believe it's the day we made it "Facebook Official."  (slight cringe on my part because saying that makes me feel like I'm back in middle school, or that to announce it on Facebook somehow makes it more real....)

Anyway.....since we are getting married soon, we chose not to do any gift exchange. But, the Man surprised me with taking me to restaurant with one of my *favorite* foods: SUSHI!


We sat at the Habatchi. And he put on a little show for 2. I will admit that he did seem rather....jaded? by the job, but we enjoyed it, regardless.


In turn with his little surprise, I also surprised him with a little something


I found a little notebook, originally for writing music, for us to write little love notes back and forth to each other. I wrote him a little message and since it was our anniversary, I wrote out 52 reasons I love him.

On Friday, it was off to my parents' house, a 2 hour drive for us. It's mostly a country drive and the weather was perfect. It made us long to go on a road trip again.

I had my hair in curlers and tied it all up with a scarf.
He never just lets me take a picture of him, he has to make that face!


*gratuitous selfie*

Our little dancing skeleton


Once at my parents', we all piled in the car and headed to my work for Fish Fry. In Wisconsin, it's expected for restaurants to have a Friday Night Fish Fry. It's a tradition. It's delicious.

The MUST drink: Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet

I think my mom knew her picture was being taken....
We went back home and played the dice game 10,000. The Man came from behind and won the first game....I didn't win any....

Then it was off to the wedding reception, which was in a different town 40 miles away.



We found the perfect place to stay:


ugh....no make up....
An apple and zip ties...curious...

 And of course, we immediately bought beer.

Then it was off to the reception, that was at a police station...even curiouser...
Out in the parking lot trying to smoke a cigar with the boys...you can see how well it went...


Ok, I'll just pose, like a turd.
I had to do an impromptu speech. I was told I did well. I also had to sing a karaoke song. I was told I did well, I don't believe them....

The dress I wore for the reception is from Trashy Diva. I picked it up on our road trip this summer. I can't recall the name for the print, but it is a 1940's cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment