Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Success! Simplicity 1755


Simplicity 1755 leanne marshall
I feel so accomplished! I actually, finally finished* a sewing project in a timely manner!  I had this fabric in my stash for a while and I had picked them up at my favorite thrift shop, knowing I wanted to use them together. When I laid eyes on the Simplicity pattern 1755, I knew the fabrics had a destiny. The pattern was really a breeze. Any problems that I ran into were the fault of my own, sleep deprived brain. I usually am hesitant with full skirts, as they tend to make me look hippy. I love how this skirt/bodice combo make my waist look slim(mer). I also love the loose raglan sleeves that fit over my "helga" arms (you know what I'm talking about *points to mom*). I found it a simple delight that the seams and pockets were hidden in the pleats of the skirt. I also lined it with a flamingo pink pop of color. 

The reasons I usually procrastinate with sewing projects is: HEMS AND ZIPPERS!!!! 
<insert a slew of curse words and tears of frustration>

YET! this time around, I think I finally got the hang of zippers, all it really took was one handy trick: 
READ.THE.INSTRUCTIONS.  who knew.

*I have not totally finished this, there is a belt in the works.

Simplicity 1755

It's sooo "back-to-school"!! I need to work on my posing, haha :/.... also, you may note that in one picture I'm wearing thigh high stockings. Well....these photos were taking on a day that reached almost 90 degrees outside, and it was more than likely hotter in our apartment. SO, the stockings didn't last.

2 comments:

  1. I want to make this and you may have pushed me over the edge. I love your color combination. How lucky you wear to find such a match! I think this is the one reason that stops me from making a colorblock anything: matching the fabrics not only in color but in weight/nature.

    The belt will be grey, I guess? Just the right touch. I have belt kits on my Notions Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I highly recommend this dress.

      As for the belt, I'm thinking the grey fabric, maybe with a orange/red/coral stripe down the middle? I lucked out again at the same thrift store and scored a stash of vintage belt buckles. :)

      Delete