Monday, August 19, 2013

Just a Quick Pickle

Tended to the garden today, and although we have a lot of things almost ready to ripen, there is very little that we can pick right now. One of the things that happens to be thriving is the jalapenos. I didn't want what I picked to go to waste, so I decided to do a small batch of pickling.


 I threw in some oregano from the garden (which also seems to be doing quite well) and a green tomato that prematurely fell to it's death. I felt I should honor his short life by pickling him into eternity.

























I sliced everything up and threw it into 2 small canning jars. They now decorate the inside of my fridge, too pretty to be opened.

While I was out in the garden, I turned on the sprinkler. To my amusement, several young robins flew in for a shower. They must have been in the 'teenage' stage of robin life because they weren't flighty around me and in fact seemed to have unjustified invincibility. They took turns flying into the water stream, and would puff up their feathers and hop around on the ground following the sprinkler.


I found it hilarious. It doesn't take much...

No comments:

Post a Comment